Wednesday, December 11, 2013

BRRR! It's cold!

Last night, we actually had a pretty crazy temperature. 32 degrees Farenheit. Why's that crazy? Because it almost NEVER gets down to freezing here. And with the 45% humidity, it feels like 5 degrees Farenheit.

This Saturday is the ward Christmas party here, and from what I've heard, we'll be having tamales, which is the Mexican equivalent of ham or turkey on Christmas. We actually got permission to go to Bishop C's house to watch the Christmas devotional, and we had cookies and hot chocolate afterwards. I ended up talking to Bishop, Elders T and T just talked to each other, and all the Sisters talked to Elder B. And then Bishop let us listen to a song called "The Hat I got for Christmas is too beeg". You should listen to it. And the reason it's so funny is because he's always quoting Nacho Libre to us.

This last week has been sliding by like molasses. We've had a minimal number of lessons, and we haven't found many people to teach. We've only got around 7 investigators as of right now, and we have only found one since last I wrote you. J and C are in Mexico for the next month, so...yeah. No baptisms for them this month. I wish they had been able to stay, but alas, they've gone to TJ for the month to be with family. We're going to try to contact S one more time tomorrow, because we haven't been able to find him since the last time we saw him. As for J, he got sick last Friday, and was still sick yesterday, so we'll be going by tomorrow to check up on him and see how he's feeling. We've only taught him the Restoration, and we're hoping that we'll be able to teach the rest of his family soon.

Next week, I may have the opportunity to set up a meeting at this homeless shelter where people park their cars to sleep in them, and then Elder T and I will be allowed to preach to the whole congregation. JUST LIKE BACK IN THE GOOD OLE DAYS. I'm actually pretty excited for it. I just hope we don't get a bible-basher that refuses to let us talk. UGH.

I hope you all have a great week, and that you all stay warm!

-Love, Elder Crook

No comments:

Post a Comment