My companion is Elder V, and he's
from Victoria Island up in Canada. It's right next to Vancouver. He's a great
missionary, although he had a rough spot in the middle of his mission with an
extremely disobedient companion. He's become extremely obedient since then, but
he still feels bad about what happened in the past. He says that all of his
cousins, uncles, aunts, and siblings are all less-active or inactive, and he
says that he's got a lot of work to do when he gets home. The other two Elders
are the Zone leaders, Elders I and N. All of the missionaries in
the district have been out longer than I have, not to mention the other Elders
are Zone leaders. So being a district leader here will be an interesting
experience. All of the other Elders have been out for 20 months, so
they're already talking trunky. They've been doing that for days.
Elder T is still down in Chula
Vista with a trainee, and he's the new district leader. He's got a handful down
there. But I think he'll do well.
For the last couple of days, we've been
visiting all of the people in our area that we know, and so I've gotten to know
a couple of people. Most of the people I've met are actually NOT from Tijuana,
(for the first time in my mission). Most of them are actually from
Guadalajara, where they have a lot of mariachi bands. And every morning for
morning exercise, we go to this park in the city and play a little bit of
rugby. It's been pretty fun.
I don't really have much else to talk
about. We've been working and working, but there's really not much to be done
here since it's all so small. Today, we were talking about going to see
Potato-Chip rock, which is this giant rock that's really thin, and looks like a
chip. Exciting, right? Since we're in the "mountains", we don't
really have much to do on P-days except for sports and hikes.
I'm trying to think of stuff to write,
but I'm coming up blank. I was reading in Alma, where Ammon goes to the
Lamanites, and I noticed that he was with the Lamanitish servants for three
days before the flocks were scattered. Now Ammon, being the missionary that he
is, probably talked to those servants and tried to share the gospel with them
for those three days. Yet they wouldn't listen. I think that he prayed to the
Lord to give him a way to talk to them, and have them listen. Once the flocks
were scattered, Ammon saw his opportunity to open up the missionary work. After
that, he defended those servants and chopped some limbs, then got summoned to
the King's presence. After that, the work started rolling. But I thought it
interesting that it doesn't mention any big event in those three days before.
But oh well. That's just a little tidbit that I noticed in my studies.
Let
everyone know how much I love them.
-Love, Elder Crook
No comments:
Post a Comment