On Thursday, I'm not sure what we did.
I've been so tired lately, and I tend to forget a lot of details when I'm
tired. All I remember was having some weekly planning, and after that, I can't
quite remember. I think that we visited some members that we'd never met
before, and they were the second family to be baptized out in Mexicali, which
is in the Imperial Valley. They're super nice, and offered to feed us sometime
this week.
Friday, we had district meeting, which
went quite well. We then got a referral to a family that we hadn't met yet, and
gave them a copy of El Libro de Mormon to give to their friends. We talked a
bit on the doorstep, since there wasn't a man in the house, and the Sister,
Sister B, gave us some PRIME home-made hamburgers. OOOOOHHHH they were SO
gooooood. I think I finished mine in less than 2 minutes. I just kinda inhaled
the burger...heh. We then went and tried to visit some other members, but they
had forgotten our appointment, and we just ended up going home for the night
after that.
On Saturday, we went and helped the
H family to clean their pool. The pool they have is made out of metal bars
set up in a frame, and then a special pool-tarp that makes up the thing that
holds the water. We got there, looked inside, and saw the Dead Marshes from
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. The water level was about three inches,
since they drained it. There were piles of leaves, moss, and little
wiggling worms that appeared to be mosquito larvae. It was deh-rish-ous,
(Delicious). Using buckets, we began scooping the sludge and throwing it out of
the pool. Then, as the level went down, we used sponges to clean off the algae
on the sides of the pool, and then sprayed it down. Then, using rags, we soaked
up the water and squeezed it into buckets, which were then emptied over the
side of the pool. We then went to an appointment with F, and had a
fantastic lesson on prayer. At the end, he finally, FINALLY, agreed to say the
closing prayer, and it was a GOOD one. After that, we spent the day doing some more
service with the H by helping them take a bunch of trash to Bro. H's work
dumpster. Then we...uh...did something else...dang. I'm blank. Oh well.
Sunday, we had normal church meetings,
and our members brought F to church. He really liked it, and said that
he liked the gospel principles lesson on fasting. The stake leadership has been
making a huge emphasis on the law of the fast, lately. We actually have a
dinner for every day of the week, for some miracle or another. How neat is
that?! :D Then, after church, we went to the Mission President's fireside in
Santee. Only the Spanish-speaking missionaries were invited to sing, so the
choir was pretty darn small at the beginning. They then called some English
elders to come and help out with the choir. The fireside went well, and
afterward, I got to visit with all of the members from Ramona, and I had the
night of my life. It made me so happy to be able to see all of those people
again. I really have missed them.
Yesterday, we...uh...hmmm....OH. Right.
We had zone conference from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Needless to say, I was
pretty beat last night. Cool thing happened, though. We had the special
privilege of watching the "Meet the Mormons" movie early. It releases
October 10, and we got to see it yesterday. Dad, you may have to sit REALLY
close to Mom for the last of the six segments. She'll probably cry a lot. And
all of mah sisters as well. They'll probably be pretty weepy as well. Jus'
sayin'. Then we had dinner with a member family, talked a bit about the movie,
and finished off the night with teaching a less-active how to tie a tie.
And that's the week. Pretty crazy, huh?
Most of the things we did this week weren't even planned. They just kinda
happened.
Thank you all so much for writing me and sending me letters. They
really do give me a much-needed boost. I hope you all have a great week!
Oh yeah. And I'm SUPER STOKED for General
Conference next week. :3
-Love Elder Crook

No comments:
Post a Comment