I told President C about Dad and he serving the same
mission at the same time, and he got a thoughtful look on his face, and
said that he remembered an Elder Crook, and that he was a good,
hard-working missionary.
And I actually got to try mole this past Sunday. It was really
good. It didn't taste like chocolate, because the member that made it
said she hated really chocolatey mole. So instead, it was more of a Sweet'n'Smokey chicken that vaguely tasted like chocolate. And it was
spicy, which was a weird taste with the chocolate.
And yes, I get to stay in Chula Vista for another transfer, so I
get to see the baptisms of our investigators. And Elder W's
staying, too.
The weather here is fantastic, although sometimes when it gets
above 90 degrees, it can become sweltering. I've been sweating profusely
the last three or four days because of how hot and humid it has been.
It's been a challenge to find good foods to eat with the small
budget of a missionary. I only get $137 a month to buy all my food,
soap, laundry detergent, pay for dryer/washing machine, and so forth, so
I have been eating pretty cheap foods and frozen dinners since I've
been here.
I went to the temple today, and finally saw the new temple
endowment movie. It's FANTASTIC! I still can't get over how much better
this movie is from the last one. The acting is so much better, and the
animation for the creation of the earth was so realistic, it blew my
mind!
We had a great miracle this week, though. We met this woman two
weeks ago, and were only able to talk a bit and pray for her sick
husband because she was distraught and needed to get home to help her
husband. So we prayed, and parted ways. Just yesterday, we ran into her
again, and this time we had a more fruitful discussion. We talked about
the Gospel with her, and how each individual point is able to bless our
lives. (Faith, repentance, baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring
to the end). She then mentioned something about how the Bible can't be
the only book out there, and how there must be more than just the Bible.
We then gave her a Book of Mormon, and explained how it was a record of
the people here in the America's, and that it bore testimony of Jesus
Christ, etc, etc. She accepted it happily, and said that she would
definitely read it. We have never had something like that happen before,
so it was awesome! We're
having a couple of investigators getting baptized in the next few weeks,
one of which is this Saturday. On top of that, we've given blessings of
healing and comfort that have manifested themselves through the power
of the priesthood.
No comments:
Post a Comment